Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm English - whats that bright light in the sky going around me?

If the earth stopped spinning, who would get it moving again? Eng-er-land!
If the sun don't shine, who lights the fires? Eng-er-land!
If the rains don't fall, who makes the raindrops come down? Eng-er-land!
Who are the champions, my friends? Eng-er-land!

OK, I admit it, I'm being juvenile. I'll stop. But honestly, m'lud, I plead extenuating circumstances. For this morning I arose to read the following headline in the The Times: Kevin Pietersen vs Andrew Flintoff should give kickstart (to the IPL). And I read the following:
After a haphazard start, a meeting of the two most costly players in the IPL should ignite the tournament It was apposite that Kevin Pietersen should have taken the plaudits on the first day of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Where most IPL players content themselves with being bought by reality TV stars, Pietersen goes that step farther and lives with one. He is the DNA of the IPL...The tournament needs someone to make South Africa sit up and take notice. Enter Pietersen.
I wanted to deliver a swift kick to the Rick Broadbent's chauvinistic arse, but I've contented myself with a little ditty. Is that OK? More charitably, m'lud, I'd admit that this is pure genius. You don't need comedy writers for this kind of writing. All you need is an English journalist writing on cricket.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thiru Cumaran said...

I'll tell you something, Samir, English newspaper writers are as bad as their Indian counterparts! Just like to sensationalise some nonsense....remember the "THE INTERVIEW THAT WILL ROCK CRICKET" by The Sun (reffering to KP's interview while in the Carribean)?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Subash said...

Ha ha ha ha. The title of the post is very hilarious. I guess the Brits trying to stay relevant by deluding themselves and hoping someone will take the bait. When their teams were bad in the past, they still stayed relevant because the center of power was still London. Not anymore and their team is still pretty bad. Except for that 18 months spanning 2004-06, the English teams of the past decade or so have been very ordinary.

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home