Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Please sir, I didn't do it

Mohammed Asif is going to soon need plastic surgery for that proboscis of his, which grows with alarming leaps and bounds with every chemical-related endeavor of his. You may recall that during the doping scam in which the PCB and he participated, his excuse was that he had no idea that he had been taking nandrolone (he had been cheated, misled!). Now, after detention at Dubai Airport on charges of possessing contraband, Asif's excuse is that
he did not know what the substance was and had been carrying it in his wallet for several months.
Excuse moi, my boy, but if you've been carrying around a little wad of sticky black stuff in your wallet, and you knew about it for several months, weren't you ever tempted to like, clean it out? Or be curious as to why this fungal growth had just taken place in your wallet? Sigh. The boy went to Dubai, scored some good hash, had a good time, and then was silly enough to either a) forget he had it in his wallet before the ride home or b) think he could take it back and share it with his buddies, saying "look at this really good stuff they smoke in Dubai". Either way, he's dumb. Save the smokes for the parties, not the plane rides.

Update from Nadeem Akram, "senior PCB official":
I have been told that what was found was some medicine given to him by a local Pakistani Hakeem.

6 Comments:

Blogger Viswanathan said...

Innocent abroad.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Guilty at home. Er, no. Innocent at home too, so long as a PCB panel is in charge.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Q said...

He didn't score the stuff from Dubai buddy, he flew in from India and was transiting at the Dubai airport waiting for a flight to Pakistan.

Which begs the question, why was he carrying the stuff from India when u get the best shit in the world in Pakistan?

9:05 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Q: He was flying from India to Pakistan via Dubai? Thats weird.

I don't know about this "best shit in the world" business, but yeah, why not just catch a bus and go to Peshawar?

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello boss..I'm a habitual reader of your blog posts..I'm also a cricket blogger like you..I vud lik u to link my blog onto your site as I've done regarding yours..CRICKETAHEAD

3:58 AM  
Blogger Subramaniam Avinash said...

Samir, I work for cricinfo. I'd like you to write for us. Can you please write back to me. You'll find my public email id on my blogger profile. I look forward to hearing from you.

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home