Sunday, March 05, 2006

Dubya eats crickets

I suppose I should say something about GWB's sudden interest in cricket. A few days ago, my South African buddy let me know of Dubya's interest in cricket. The subject line of the email read, "Are you voting Republican now?". I read the email and wrote back, "This might be a good reason to stop watching cricket". And he wrote, "well, thats another way to think about it". Yes indeed. All said and done, I wish Imran Khan hadn't been placed under house arrest, that he had been given a cricket ball, and been allowed come in off a full run and let Dubya have a perfume ball (hopefully, the Secret Service would have hauled the Khan away at the point, which would have made it a nice two-fer). That that man gets into cricket pages is galling; that he got away without a crack or two on his noggin makes me cry about missed opportunities.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you see the footage of GWB 'playing' cricket though? Or, more accurately, getting hit on the head and throwing his toys out of the pram. Funny as hell!

Further to your comments on my blog, I'm not sure what Dhoni's hair's up to either,especially the bottom half, which seems to have been inexpertly peroxided (something to do with the sun and wearing a helmet?). I am also dismayed that KP has abandoned the skunk look and Hoggy doesn't seem quite as defiantly blonde as he did last summer.

Of course, this morning I wasn't really paying attention to the haircuts, because I was too busy watching India suddenly decide they were playing Twenty20. Makes the ODIs a more mouthwatering prospect than they already were, imo.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home