Saturday, March 04, 2006

The start of the fifth

So India start their fifth day chase/save effort. I'm settled down with a cold Guiness, and some pasta waiting to be consumed when the munchies strike. I doubt I'm going to be able to make it past the lunch break (1:30 AM here on the East Coast), its been a freezing cold day, and I've put in a full days work already (yeah, yeah, I know, its the weekend, but I had to hit the library). As noted before, the worst mistake India could make would be to try and block all day. The two crucial performers are going to be Sehwag and Dravid, for different reasons. The first can score quickly enough to push the field back and create doubt in the mind of the opposing captain. The second? Well, he can bat all day. The real fun starts after 20 overs or so when the ball will start to swing. This will be a very good day of test cricket, and I'm looking forward to it. Flintoff, Hoggard and Panesar will make for a handful (and as I write this, Sehwag has been bowled!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home