Friday, March 03, 2006

A bit for the pitches

Perhaps one can hope that the BCCI, with the billion dollars (oh, sorry, some hundred million dollars) that they will make off the Indian team, will spend some of that on improving pitches and the equipment used to prepare and maintain them. Watching this test match, its diet of balls not coming on to the bat, its dusty looking pitch (and primitive mowers), makes one wonder what is done with all that money.

PS: I'm going to go ahead and make a prediction: this match will end in a draw. I hope I will be proven wrong but I'm feeling increasingly less optimistic. Rain is forecast over the next day or two, the pitch is getting slower, India have surrendered any initiative they might have had, England will be loath to press too hard in their second innings, and India will not blow away the English batting either. Lots could go differently - but thats my call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home