Monday, August 10, 2009

The Empire of Cricket

OK. Time to hit YouTube. (Or at least, I can say its "time" because I just found the damn videos myself). "Empire of Cricket", a most excellent BBC documentary on cricket's various homes over the world can be seen in six-part segments, and it makes for wonderful viewing. I watched the segments on India and the West Indies and intend to continue today. The selection of archival footage is absolutely wonderful; no cricket fan should miss out on this.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger David Mutton said...

Just watched the India and England shows - they are great (my only quibble would be with a few of the interviewees but I suppose that is more a personal preference.)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

David: My BIGGEST complaint (and I chose all-caps just to emphasize in rather childish fashion how much it irked me) is the producer's fascination with messing with action footage: constant use of slow-downs, speed-ups, graphics, the whole nine yards. It was irritating and distracting.

Everything else was wunderbar - only minor quibbles, like yours I suppose, remain.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Brendan Layton said...

I'll keep an eye out for that. Sounds really interesting. Is it a recent documentary?

2:00 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Brendan,

It is very good. However, you might have to watch it on YouTube (and if so, run, before it gets taken down). Apparently the show can't be seen outside the UK yet.

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home