Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just a little, not too much

There is something in the Yorkshire water, methinks. Check out this quote from Jacques Rudolph now in his second season with Yorkshire:
"A little bit of me wants South Africa to win," Rudolph said. "I played for them for so many years, and you don't just change overnight."
Just a "little bit"? You don't have English citizenship yet, you're still qualified to play for South Africa, and thats the extent of your enthusiasm for your national team, one for which you played in the past? That's it? I don't get it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jrod said...

With a name like jacques you'd think he'd remember his roots better.

12:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obvisusly Rudolph has no future with SAfrica. He must be fancying his chances since ECB plucked Darren Pattinson out of nowhere and planted him in the side.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

JRod: Indeed, guys with names like "Jacques" have a hard time being taken seriously in England.

Som: Hope springs eternal in the Kolpak player's breast.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Thiru Cumaran said...

Well, isn't it kinda obvious that he's trying to show the England selectors that "Hey guys, I hate SA like KP, select me for the series which occurs as soon as I'm qualified to play (perhaps I could replace Colly)!"

11:25 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Thiru: I agree - I think thats what I was trying to get at as well. Its a strangely phrased remark, sending out signals to anyone listening.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home