Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Whats the world coming to?

I say, this sort of thing just isn't on. Touring teams being robbed in their hotels in major metropolitan centers? And to make things worse, an English team being robbed in Sydney at knifepoint? The BCCI is just going to have insist on some very stringent security measures before ever sending the Indian team Down Under. Of course, its a personal decision; if the players feel like it, they should go. But really, as every one knows, you can't play your best cricket with the threat of armed robbery hanging over your head.

2 Comments:

Blogger Homer said...

begs the question - whatever happened to the hotel security?

incredible isn't it - 4 masked men walk into the hotel ( a 4 or 5 star hotel I assume)- force the staff on the ground, rob the place and then walk away.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Yeah, its pretty bizarre. My post is tongue-in-cheek of course, but it is wierd. I looked at the name of the hotel, and I couldn't recognize the name of the street (shame on me; I lived in Sydney for two years!), but still, it must have been close to the city center, and while the area around Kings Cross is dodgy, you wouldn't expect this to happen in the center itself.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home