Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thus spake KP

From the Department of the Tautologous yet Incomplete (the folks that brought you Peano Arithmetic for instance), comes the following gem courtesy Kevin Peitersen, everyone's favorite skunk-headed mercenary:
I think it [Twenty20] will be the new form of one-day cricket for sure...I reckon in the next couple of years 50 overs is probably going to be something of the past.
We are able to bring you the complete quote thanks to our connections at AFP and Reuters, which in point of fact reads as follows:
I think it [Twenty20] will be the new form of one-day cricket for sure...I reckon in the next couple of years 50 overs is probably going to be something of the past. And trust me, if we don't want to play 50 overs, we're not going to want to play bloody five days for 1/20th the money. We might look stupid. But we aren't. I mean, what do I care whether its England or the Dubai Dhamakas? I'll play for anyone that pays. Mmm, that rhymes. You keep paying, I'll keep playing.

5 Comments:

Blogger cdak said...

indeed, one gets the feeling there's nothing KP would like more than a nice game of 5Five if the price was right...more time for those glossy photoshoots!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Cricket freak said...

There is nothing wrong with T20 cricket. It is a win-win proposition for both players and spectators. But test cricket is a litmus test for players with true cricket acumen.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Som said...

I never had any doubt whatsoever that here you have a headless guy. Anyway, KP's candour is difficult to digest.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Cdak: 5five. Now theres a thought; just the ticket!

CF: True - and I didn't mind the T20 World Cup at all!

Som: He's a very good bat - just a weird person (like lots of sportsmen!).

7:19 AM  
Blogger straight point said...

the guy is stunner...

he is the type of player media wants more than the team itself...

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home