Saturday, March 01, 2008

Return of the Feudal Lord

I've noticed that at various points in my life, one person who I dislike a great deal in the cricketing world suddenly outstrips the distance between him and his rivals, and rises to the top of the pack. So, for instance, I remember once disliking Christopher Martin-Jenkins a great deal, and then whoosh, just like that, he became Number One on the Disliked-by-Samir-Chopra list (I'm not sure I remember what he did, probably wrote another article complaining about West Indian pace bowlers). Now, Lalit Modi has done the same. I've always detested this loathsome, greasy-mannered corporate type, but with the latest set of pronouncements on how counties shouldn't sign ICL players, he's outdone himself, and put a few standard deviations between himself and the average person on my sh*tlist. Because Modi sounds and acts like a real old-fashioned zamindar, and that type of creature needs a good old booting around the park from all and sundry.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Few standard deviations..." Too excellent!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

And it has the added virtue of being true!

(Thanks for the comment, Mukul).

6:22 PM  
Blogger straight point said...

on contrary i sometimes appreciate his cold & calculated way of functioning...

how he managed to break shackles with CA over sponsors issue by openly hinting of players revolt is job well done in my eye...

2:35 AM  
Blogger aravind said...

That's really cool, I really appretiate that.Indian Premier League is really the hot topic in today's cricket. For more information regarding Indian Premier League news, contraversies, teams, contracts, players.....
visit: Indian Premier League

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home