Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Cinco preguntas


  1. Did anyone else see the sign that could win the award for the Worst Spelling Ever?
  2. Is it just me or does it seem that besides Tharanga (who at times has looked not fully in control), no other Sri Lankan batsman has really looked comfortable against the Kiwi bowlers (and they haven't helped with their shot selection)? And as I write this, he's gone and gotten himself bowled around the legs. Egad.
  3. Anyone want to lay bets that at least one or two players will get a bad case of the cramps today in this stifling heat and humidity?
  4. Is Simon Taufel the best umpire in the world or what? I mean, this guy can't get a decision wrong (just saw him give a not-out against Vettori appealing for a lbw against Jaywardene). Jeez. (Actually, he is ranked No. 1 so that question has been answered, but my admiration for this man knows no bounds). Hopefully, he'll umpire in the final as well. (Yeah, I know that means Australia won't be playing).
  5. And on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone have any theories on why Mukul Kesavan has so much hostility directed at him at his blog? I'm planning to write on this at some time, for I think that behavior points to something interesting about the Indian fan, and others as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Bad form to be the first to comment on one's own postings, but I have to do this, as Taufel has now handed out a stinker of a lbw decision to Sri Lanka. What is the world coming to?

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home