Monday, February 18, 2008

All hail the young 'uns

The U-19 World Cup has started, and a promising young quick from Delhi has already ripped the guts out of the South African top order (this is the same lad. Pradeep Sangwan, who took care of Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy Super League, for which feat I will remain eternally grateful). But I've noticed another lad in honor of whose unique moniker, Napoleon Einstein, I am inaugurating a one-member fan-club. Please write if you'd like to fill out a membership application.

6 Comments:

Blogger Soulberry said...

That's a fine name. Homer wrote something on it a while back if I remember correctly.

Sangwan's done well...these could be his better moments...but do you feel he'll grow taller that he is. I have a dirty feeling he'll be left with the stature of a stocky Madan Lal. But if he can continue to swing, that's OK I guess.

He'll have to sort out his run up though....that wide off the crease and constant clipping of the popping crease will not help in days ahead.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Gaurav Sethi said...

Bravo! And while you're at it, do watch Napoleon Dynamite. Einstein he isn't, but heck

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jrod said...

Homer and I have mentioned him.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

SB: Yes, I finally found out. Good to know I'm not alone, and am merely jumping on a bandwagon. I hope this lad makes it to international cricket.

NC: Its on my Netflix wish list. Will post a review the moment I see it! :)

JRod: Thanks for the tip - I don't know how I missed those posts. He'll have his own blog someday, I'm sure.

6:34 AM  
Blogger straight point said...

SB

good observation...

Samir, count me in...

7:19 AM  
Blogger Jrod said...

I have a new favourite name.

Loots Bosman.

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home