Monday, November 26, 2007

Satisfying fare

I have no idea why I didn't blog over the past few days. Yes, I was busy watching a test match but blogging during games is the easiest way for me to blog, much easier than coming home and trying to write something coherent after a long day at work. And I had time off last week from work - because of annual turkey slaughter day. So, it must be because of lack of sleep, caused by the terrible timings of test cricket in India (which also ensures that I develop a bad neck during this time of the year - from my head falling over during my nodding off in front of the living room desktop machine).

But anyway, last night I was able to get to bed on time. India had won before lunch; Tendulkar had wrapped up things nicely; Ganguly hadn't; the Indian captain, Kumble, had gotten things off to a nice start for all concerned. Pakistan, however, while having fought hard, and stayed pretty
close at times with India, seemed incapable of really putting India under sustained pressure. They persist in picking Mohammed Sami, a man who has played over thirty test matches and is flirting with a bowling average of 50, their batting seems fragile in test matches; their captain looks like he wants to check into an anxiety-treatment programme any time now; their leading fast bowler always looks like he needs an oxygen tank, and their main spinner doesn't. But I won't, and you shouldn't, write them off. This was a good, tough, test match.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jrod said...

Turkey slaughter or Native american slaughter?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks giving day that is.

2:38 AM  
Blogger straight point said...

i wont call it a tough test match...
i would remember this test match as the one in which whenever one team was on the verge of putting another team out of match completely gave the initiative on platter...to play perfect host/guest...in the end somehow ball remained in the hands of india...

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wanna link exchange with my blogs :
http://infosports.wordpress.com/
http://indianpremierleague.wordpress.com/
http://iclinfo.wordpress.com/
If yes thn plz let me know...my email id is iclcrickinfo@gmail.com

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don believe we can trust this Pakistani team. No body knows, they will win or loose. Anyways I want to share another very good cricket blog:

www.cricketviewer.com

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home