Monday, August 08, 2011

Pathological altruism, test cricket, and MS Dhoni

I shit you not. Three days after my post questioning Dhoni's judgment in recalling Ian Bell at Trent Bridge went up at The Pitch, I received an email announcement from Barbara Oakley regarding her new book _Pathological Altruism_ From the book's description:
Hyperempathy - an excess of concern for what others think and how they feel - helps explain popular but poorly defined concepts such as codependency. In fact, pathological altruism, in the form of an unhealthy focus on others to the detriment of one's own needs, may underpin some personality disorders.
All facetiousness aside, the book does look interesting, and I might even attend Oakley's talk at the Community Church of New York in New York City, on East 35 Street, between Madison and Park, on August 11th, at 6:00 PM.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Satadru Sen said...

Samir, I shit you neither, but I got that email too. Addressed to me by name, too, which I thought was bizarre, considering I've never met the lady. Maybe she reads our blog.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Barb Oakley said...

Yes, maybe she does. :)

Barb Oakley

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home