IPL loyalties settled
I finally have an assessment of the various IPL teams in terms of whether I'm able to find it within myself to "support" them. Here goes. The order reflects the current points table.
- Mumbai Indians: Mumbai. 'Nuff said. Disqualified.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: Dravid, Kumble, Kallis, letting all and sundry know success in test cricket doesn't cripple a T20 player. Eminently supportable.
- Delhi Daredevils: Delhi. 'Nuff said. Worthy of love, affection, respect, adoration.
- Chennai Super Kings: Matty Hayden. Expelled, hopefully, never to be seen again.
- Rajasthan Royals: Mixed feelings. Warne and Pathan, yes, but doesn't Modi have some connections with Rajasthan? Disqualified. And in retrospect, not that hard a call.
- Deccan Chargers: Symonds. See entry for CSK above.
- Kolkata Knight Riders: Dada. Surreal. Therefore, to be encouraged and cheered on.
- Kings XI Punjab: Land of my forefathers. Shoulder-to-shoulder we stand. No fear.