Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A day at the SCG - some photos

I've finally gotten around to putting up some photographs of my day at the SCG this past January. Fortunately, it was the fourth day. And you all know what went down that day (mainly the Pakistani lads). You can click on each photo to get a larger size version.

First, here is the gang. From left to right, John Sutton (aka Kenelmdigby) from Macquarie University, then Bob Egerton (former Wallaby, who played in the 1991 World Cup final - if anyone had a better timed short and sweet international career, I'm yet to hear of it!), and Dominic Murphy, Sydney University. Kudos to John for pushing us to go (and for giving us all a ride)!


Now, for a series of random groundshots (in the first one, Hussey is taking guard):



We sat in what used to be the old Doug Walters stand. It used to be uncovered and could be a real trial when the sun was out in full force - I've paid for my attendance in the past, most notably during the SRT-Laxman partnerships in both 2004 and 2008. Before that, it was the site of the infamous Sydney Hill. Dougie lives on, in that the bar in the stand is named after him, and also features a wonderful photo of him lounging about with a smoke and a beer. Yes, I know, I'm an idiot, I didn't take a photo of that. In my defense, I was busy buying beers.


A photo that emphasizes my earlier location in the day in the sun. We retreated later.


Finally, the end of day shot. Happy to have seen a great day's play. It was a pity Pakistan didn't put up more of a fight, but there was still enough drama to make the day worthwhile.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44633245@N05/4370149390/sizes/l/

Just after the finish of the game. I blew it up but couldn't see you.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Anon: Thanks for the link. That looks like the Brewongle on the right; we were on the other side!

Cheers,
Samir

6:54 AM  
Anonymous David said...

Nah you were in or near Bay 13 in the bottom right of the previous photo. This one will make it clearer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44633245@N05/4250630606/sizes/l/in/photostream/

You're probably disorientated looking from the Northern hemisphere :)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

David: Ah, thanks - nice shot. Yes, you're absolutely right. Indeed, not only am I disoriented, my brain cells are frozen as well.

Cheers,
Samir

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home