Friday, October 09, 2009

Champions League optimism

Right. Delhi vs. Victoria today, and I'm keen to see how things turn out. The club version of the game as played in the IPL failed to make a fan out of me. I suspect I will be more enthused by the version that features some international edge to it, insofar as I can make some sort of facile nation vs. nation encounter out of it. Delhi vs. Victoria is a particularly clearcut example of that, and it helps that Gambhir and Sehwag are opening. India openers but Delhi boys first.

Go Delhi.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Som said...

If IPL failed to turn you a fan, CL will definitely make you a sworn-enemy of the very concept.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey sorry to be off topic but this is the only way I could contact you. I am writing from Singapore. I am part of a team of fresh college graduates currently working on an online Cricket game called Howzat,due to be launched soon.

Could I invite you for an online gaming session, and you could help provide us feedback and review our efforts? It will take about 15 minutes.

Please e-mail me at aman.gamev@gmail.com if you're interested. Sincere thanks.

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Freddy said...

Victoria are one of the best Twenty20 teams in the world.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's clear even with 5 foreign players IPL teams just don't have the talent to compete with the first class teams of other nations.

How can a country of billion cricket crazy people fail to have more than world class players at the same time....?

Gill

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Freddy said...

Wonder how the failure of the IPL teams at the Champions League will affect things...

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home