Monday, February 02, 2009

A few pickup games

Here a few more photos from my India trip (the common theme, of course, is cricket).

The first is a shot of a couple of games going on in the grounds next to Humayun's Tomb. There seems to be a concrete pitch directly in front. Must make for some interesting batting experiences.



This next one is taken from my brother's car as we drove on the Delhi-NOIDA expressway toward Delhi. Here you can see multiple games in progress. This was the first time my friend Scott Dexter was witnessing the phenomenon of the overlapping fields that is essential to maidan cricket, and he was a bit flabbergasted at how it all worked out.



The last one is of me again at Tughlaqabad fort. I managed to find one of me skying the ball as my pull shot didn't quite come off:

2 Comments:

Blogger Homer said...

Goddammit,so much space!! The actually have 10 feet between the 2 adjacent stumps!

Who plays cricket like that anyways?

Cheers,

9:45 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

I sense a dig directed at Delhi in there somewhere :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home