Sunday, November 16, 2008

Back in the game

Once the test series against Australia ended, I should have written a wrap-up and post-mortem quickly. I didn't. For when I finally got around to it, I realized I should be working on a preview of the England tour. I was a bit too late for that. Then the first one-day international came and went. Since I slept through most of it (my fault, not England's and certainly not Yuvraj's), I couldn't even write a decent match report. All in all, I'm a pretty useless blogger.

Readers of this blog will be familiar with this situation: I miss a few days of blogging and then I come back, shame-faced, apologetic, with a variety of excuses to explain my absence. Sometimes I claim work as a distraction, sometimes its just poor laziness. This time, I can also blame the schedule (can I blame the BCCI?): for after all, wouldn't I have written my brilliant post-series analysis had the English not showed up so damn quickly and started playing cricket (well, whatever it is that they did in Rajkot)?

Readers of this blog will also be familiar with what comes next: a promise that I will try and be more diligent, and not be so distracted by things that have nothing to do with cricket (like everything else that is happening in the world). Heck, I might even do something truly radical and try and blog on vacation (when I go to India in December). Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

Blogger straight point said...

the luck is granted samir ;-)

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jrod said...

Same thing happened to me, i was previewing the Eng Ind and NZ Aus before i had even had the chance to even look back.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, get to work. NONE of my favourite cricket bloggers has yet posted an India-Aus wrap-up, as if a 2-0 victory is something we can all just enjoy and move on from. KSR, are you listening?

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose in your mind you have already started thinking about such victories as the rule and not the exception. This is expected of India nowadays and not much of a surprise to be celebrated. ; )

I was telling my dad the other day that India has beaten Australia in their last engagement in all forms of the game: knocked them out in the semis of Twenty20 WC, won the CommBank series in Australia and regained the BG Trophy. I can't remember the last time India had done so!

8:10 PM  
Blogger YellowMonkey said...

I am a bit surprised about why Australians are so negative about their prospects of winning in India and go on and on about the 35-year drought. It's actually quite misleading as Australia only played 16 Tests there in that time

http://yellowmonkeysbananabucket.blogspot.com/2008/11/final-frontier-not-as-elusive-as-it.html

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home