Wednesday, October 10, 2007

On and on and on...

Ok, so its official. Sreesanth has checked in and found a new home. Under the Australian captain's skin. (not that I think Sreesanth is handling this in the best way possible - I prefer more wickets, less lip). But its making Ponting's recollection of facts a bit foggy:
"By [winning this series], hopefully you are putting a dent in them," he said. "I think you've seen over the years that India aren't the best travelling team in the world."
As the Sydney Morning Herald points out, "India have won six of eight away Test series since 2003-04" (not Aussie standards, I agree), And of course, the last time India toured England, they won the series (they didn't lose the Ashes like Australia did; not that they were playing for them). And India's best bowler, Zaheer Khan, wasn't best friends with Pietersen (unlike Warnie). But seriously, I'm starting to suspect that Ponting and Sreesanth are in cahoots with Channel 9 to boost ratings for this summer's series in Oz. And I'm starting to feel worried about my safety at the MCG and SCG.

6 Comments:

Blogger Homer said...

Your physical safety? After all the shenanigans during our last tour Down Under, dont you think the authorities will do a better job with in stadia safety?

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oye chopi !! screw cricket yaar...

One day it's yuvi 121 next day

the whole team is 42/5..

India is a waterboy
to the aussies...

BTW Hockey is making a comeback...

1:49 PM  
Blogger Jrod said...

Samir i've never seen an opposition supporter attacked at the Mcg (and thats the ground you'd expect it to happen), although i did see a Kiwi fan start a fight once. If we don't belt the Sri Lankan who runs around the stands waving his flag all day, i think your safe.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

As you correctly point out, India have improved greatly in their ability to win abroad in recent years. I hope that this summer's series is a competitive one, and that it comes down to a decider in the final game.

And I wouldn't fear for your safety at all.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Homer, JRod, Stuart: Honestly, folks, I was kidding. I've always had a great time at the MCG. Funnily enough, despite Sydney's airs of being the more "chill" city, the SCG gets a bit rougher (especially in the Doug Walters Stand). The worst is the Adelaide Hill! But I think I'll be just fine, I agree :) Having said, I expect the air around the boundary lines to be a bit bluer than usual. I hope the Indian captain doesn't send Sreesanth down there!

JRod: can you drop me a line at samirchopra1 AT Yahoo DOT com?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Mohan Krishnamoorthy : : said...

Samir, we should meet up when you are here. Drop me an email at mohankaus AT gmail DOT com

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home