Sunday, June 11, 2006

Relax, will ya?

If I may say so, I'm starting to notice Dhoni settling into a disturbing trend: lots of silly, pointless, blocking to balls that don't deserve that much respect. I don't know if this is part of his attempt to become responsible, but he looks just silly. Botham, Kapil, great hitters all, frequently screwed up with their hard-hitting ways, but I don't think they bothered so much with pointless defense with 500 runs on the board. Dhoni is trying hard, which is admirable, but I wish he would relax a bit.

Incidentally, I think its a safe bet to say that never again, in the history of tests, will such a good batsman (such as Dravid), play such a horrible shot (as played by him), to such a bad ball (as bowled by Sarwan), for such an easy catch (as taken by Lara). Sheesh, just having that image on my PC screen has stunk up my living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home