Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Still glum on Gambhir

I'm getting worried about the series against Pakistan and England. Ground Control to Spaceship India: you have an openers problem. Somehow, I cannot see Gambhir getting to 50 against the English and Pakistani attacks. Which means trouble for India's middle-order. And since Sehwag cannot be expected to score tons in every innings, and neither can Dravid/Laxman keep performing rescue acts, India are facing a tough time in the series to come.

Honestly, given what I've managed to watch on the telly recently, I'm not at all optimistic about these two series. I think someone like Dhoni is going to have a hard time as well (though I'm more hopeful that he will pull something out of the hat than Gambhir will).

And another thing about Gambhir. While his little spat with Nel in the ODI series might have given the impression he is a fighter, I would suggest that he got rattled a little too soon by Nel's stares and scowls. He will cop the same against England and Pakistan and he will need to calm down and work on his concentration. If he stays out there long enough, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home