Friday, August 06, 2010

And then there were 3(3)

And just like that, 33 were down. Vijay is gone. Ishant aka The New Dizzy is out there, and the stage is set for a great fifth day. Those three Indian wickets have swung the Sri Lankan's way and they will back themselves to win this, especially if the Indian batsmen play Randiv as tentatively as they have done in the final session. At least one of the Indian bats needs to play an attacking innings, otherwise, the spinning pair plus the inevitable cluster of fielders will do the trick.

For my money, the key man tomorrow is Laxman. His natural style is to continue go for his strokes and as he showed back in Chennai 2001, while everyone else is panicking around him, he makes runs.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger straight point said...

same reason... but raina... :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

SP: Lets hope one of us is correct! :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jaunty Quicksand said...

Great call on picking the point man for the chase, Samir. I agree 100% (and would have even if I had read this post before I saw the match).

3:19 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

JQ: As always, I'm impressed you managed to stay up all night! And yes, he had to be the go-to man in a situation like the one facing the team on the fifth morning.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Jaunty Quicksand said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Jaunty Quicksand said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Jaunty Quicksand said...

Staying up all night when Laxman is batting is one of the easiest things to do.

Imagine this: I eagerly waited for the start of each Test (as I like Test cricket above all) and watched in horror as MSD lost toss after toss. Still, masochist that I am, I stayed up and watched and watched and....

I wasn't surprised in the least bit that Bhajji got sick before the 3rd Test. Any bowler in his right mind would have been.

And I was just as unsurprised that it was Laxman who got us through to the end. Whadaplaya, as they would say in your neck of the woods.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

JQ: Yeah, not surprised Bhajji called it a day and left for home!

VVS is a genuine pleasure to watch. I'm glad to have seen him batting live - his shots are even better then!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home