Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Off to desh

Dear readers: I'm off to India today, off to Delhi, Maihar (look it up!), Rajasthan, Goa, and Varanasi. My timing is pretty good; I'll arrive in Delhi on the 19th, and make it back home in time to settle down with some chai-biskoot as the second test begins at Mohali. Watching a home test in India is always a pleasure (especially when I'm in Delhi). The weather is as close to perfect as it ever gets; there is a plentiful supply of treats handy for munching away while watching a tight session of play; and the buzz of a game being on is sustained by all around you (and believe me, you haven't lived life if you haven't watched a game of cricket on the telly on a Delhi winter afternoon with a cold beer giving you company). There will be some Australia-RSA action as well (which will make morning tea even more pleasurable). It doesn't look like the India-Pakistan tour is going to happen but I'm not too disappointed - I'd prefer a longer break between test series in any case. So, all in all, a pleasurable vacation of cricket, travel, good food, and family lies ahead. I will not be blogging too frequently but I do hope to send in the occasional post.

A happy holidays (Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, whatever rocks your boat) to everyone. May your googlies never be detected, and may your coverdrives always bisect The Arc.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaurav Sethi said...

cheers samir. chai biskoot sounds damn good. gilucose?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

NC: You know it, none other will do; though I'm occasionally partial to the plainer Marie Arrowroot types as well.

2:58 PM  
Blogger samc said...

Samir,

Why not include a quick drive to Mohali as well? :)

I am not trying to spoil your fun, but last Sun I was watching the Chennai test live on Neo Sports, and I had to wait for 15 min to get a decent replay of Sehwag's wicket... Neo was so keen to push advertisements in-between that they did not bother to show a replay of the lbw :(

5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home