Thursday, January 17, 2008

Genial quicks

Interesting seeing Brett Lee and Pathan grinning at each other after Lee bounced Pathan a couple of times (Pathan hit a beautiful straight drive off the next ball for four). It reminded me that for all the talk about "ugly Australians", its been a very long time since I've seen an Aussie quick snarling, cursing, glaring etc. Even though McGrath did a fair amount of it in his time, it had faded in his last few years (I sense it went down a bit after the Sarwan business). In fact, in recent years, I think the surliest quicks I've seen in recent times have been Sidebottom and Anderson this past summer. (I'm not counting Akhtar and Nel, both of whom go straight into the Cricketing Spinal Tap section).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Calling Brett genial is a huge understatement. He hasn't snarled or abused any other player on or off the field till date, and I seriously doubt he's ever going to. He's a breath of fresh air, and his camaraderie with the Indian players is really good to watch.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home