Sunday, September 02, 2007

Early on a Sunday

Once again, a small break in blogging, forced on me by things like classes starting at university (work does interfere with all sorts of things, doesn't it?). But somehow, on a Sunday, I've managed to get up at 630 AM to watch cricket and was promptly greeted by the sight of Ganguly carting a six, followed by a delectable Tendulkar drive down the ground. But then Tendulkar fell, and that Delhi-boy-who-fails-to-impress-me, Gambhir, walked in. The most interesting thing about his innings has been the little encounter with Anderson, which saw two boundaries from Gambhir, some words from Anderson, and even a little shoulder-bump from Jimmy (I've no doubt that the match referee will let him off; he is such a nice young lad from Lancashire, after all).

4 Comments:

Blogger Soulberry said...

Nice way to start off a Sunday!

Gambhir took his chance today, but I did hope for a longer innings from both Sachin and Saurav. Was like listening to the oldies at leisure.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

The rain interruptions were a bit aggravating, but it was a pretty fine demonstration of cricket by India overall. Heres hoping for a series that stays alive till the end.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Hey, seen this?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/cricket/article2373825.ece

10:25 AM  
Blogger Samir Chopra said...

Mike,

Thanks very much for that link; funnily enough, I'd just finished reading that article when I saw your comment. Some nice mutual back-scratching going on there. I found it interesting that VVS didn't make to Warne's top 50 - not shocked, but still interesting (I read somewhere that Warne considered his 281 too much of a one-time thing to rate him too highly)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home